FROM MY PHOTO ARCHIVE. ALL PHOTOS TAKEN BY ME, SHAWNI GROVES



This unsorted and non-chronological album of photographs, will cover 2009-through present day. All photos were taken by me, Shawni Groves. Most of the photos with lengthy captions I copied from my social media accounts. I will be adding more, including copy, locations and dates. I'll also do my best to catalog my vast collection of street art photos from 2009 until today. Please feel free to share these if you'd like. I ask you to please add: #PhotobyShawniGroves and my @UrbanHeartShawni. Please do not use any of my images for any other reason without first receiving my consent. Thank you.

Click to get started and scroll forward from there, or just read them in the way they appear here. If you have any questions or comments please email me, I'd love to hear from you. Most importantly, I hope my photographs make you smile, or encourage you, or inspire you in some way. Peace.



New Year's Eve, 2016


Delicious Vinyl logo in their parking lot off of Sunset Blvd., in Hollywood.
April 5, 2017

A beautiful love letter to Bowie. January 12, 2016
Hollywood Walk of Fame, Hollywood, CA


  



JR installation, Wrinkles of the City Series, April 2011,
Angel City Brewery, Arts District adjacent to Little Tokyo.
*I think* this was the first mural he installed in Los Angeles. There's one, or used to be one around 5th in DTLA, not sure if that one was.



The American flag on top of the Capitol Records building in Hollywood is a great reminder to #Vote tomorrow! Please, #remembertheArts, and the importance of securing funding everywhere, especially for kids. Parents shouldn't be expected to buy art supplies for their child's public school.
Teaching positions need to be restored. The almost nonexistent art, music, and drama teachers throughout the country should not be required to pay for supplies, in addition to holding after school art programs without pay.




:D #Sunflowers grown by #AnnasFamilyFarms, note the bees!! #Iloveflowers #UrbanHeartShawni











Colorful #HollywoodBlvd at #sunset. Looking at Hollywood Walk of Fame and buskers and street performers from #HollywoodandHighland with #DTLA in the distance. Wednesday, April 5, 2017. #PhotobyShawniGroves















The Pacific Ocean at sunset on Tuesday, December 27, 2016.
💜 #VenturaCountyLine #PhotobyShawniGroves










Skyline Festival, 2017
Chinatown, Los Angeles




Airbrushing #OSCAR! Taken this afternoon, #OSCARSUNDAY #AcademyAwards #GoldStatue Hosted by #ChrisRock #Hollywood #DolbyTheatre :D More soon! :D @UrbanHeartShawni




Friends and family! Would you like a bit of FREE advertising? I am creating a Holiday Recommendation Guidepost on my blog, details are on this flyer. Please send materials no later than Friday, Dec. 11th. I've tagged a few people who came to mind because you/they have small businesses. Open to friends and family, if you have questions, please email me here or at: UrbanLifestylePR@gmail.com *TIP* Add text to an image of a product you sell, or interior photo of your business,(etc.) include social media/contact info, website and ship by date! (December 2015)




Vasquez Rocks, #BTS of talent and crew at photo shoot.
Summer of 2015.



Another photo from Sunday, 9.7.2014. I took this before the one with the tide approaching. In edit of this, the original is a little darker & over the words "Love & Blessings" there is a noticeable pink hue, as if the words are resonating the frequency of their energy. I send love and peace to all, and may blessings come forth from the darkness. In remembrance of 9.11.2001 







A fun night with Bryson and Holiday, Mear One, Ray Ray (Eye One), and a few others, I believe photographer Carlos Gonzales was there too. Little Tokyo DTLA Arts District.
This is the opening of Angel City Brewery, before they had a liquor license.
This is the first art installation ever at the Brewery.
I believe my friend Stuart curated it and it was incredible!





April 23, 2011. Gigantic Mural by German artists and twins, How and Nosm. This wall received so much press after it was painted as it was in the midst of the street art boom happening in the City of Angels. The mural is no longer there. 





Continuation of the Zip Fusion wall. Artivism. April 23, 2011.



April 23, 2011 Becca. I thought it was awful she was left out of the MOCA show in 2011,
and absolutely loved seeing her stickers in their Women's Room as a response to their decision.




Jan. 10, 2017 - I couldn't watch, too sad, so I cleared my thoughts by walking through the city in the pouring rain (boots, umbrella, scarf, gloves and clothes) photographing anything that caught my eyes. Close to 900 moments captured my attention. Here's one.
I will miss #PresidentObama and #VicePresidentBiden tremendously.
#AlohaObama 💔 #TheSkyisCryingToo





OG Slick, classic Monk, March 2011



Jan. 12, 2016 - I walked over to David Bowie's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It was pretty surreal, there were many people and the shrine on his star kept growing. It is really beautiful, if you are in the area please visit it. It will help you to feel less sad. It's in front of CVS, in close proximity to Graumann's Chinese Theatre. As I was getting ready to leave I heard "Heroes" playing in the distance and it was a young boy, with a boom box in a backpack. I take that as a good sign, that this genius, elegant, rebellious man has reached through the generations. Thank you David Bowie #LosAngeles loves you <3 — in Los Angeles, California.




May peace prevail for all, and may the sacrifices of these brave men and women never be forgotten. Love, comfort and deep and humble gratitude and compassion to all on #MemorialDay16, especially the ones who are most forgotten, the #DisabledVeterans #DAV, #PurpleStarVeterans #PurpleStarMothers #PurpleStarFathers #PurpleStarFamilies #mybrother #SergeantDennisDracoules #USArmy https://purplestarveterans.org/in-memory-of-danny-facto/






Dabs Myla shared the wall with How and Nosm in this one, April 2011. This used to be one of my favorites. It was HUGE and so colorful and sharp. I love their work. This is no longer there. It rests under a beautiful piece by Hueman.















I'm going through photos I've taken through the years and wanted to share this one. I took this in Laguna Beach, on May 14, 2017. I found them fascinating ~ Thalia Street Beach, Laguna Beach, CA #PhotobyShawniGroves




Vasquez Rocks - Sierra Pelona Mountains, CA. Those hiking the Pacific Crest Trail can have mail sent to this CA State Park! Photo by Shawni Groves, August 2015.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PASTICHE GARDENS FOUNDER, RENEE HOWARD, CREATES THE "HEAVY METAL WALL" OF NORTH HOLLYWOOD

HELP SUPPORT "LET THERE BE ROCK SCHOOL, PANHANDLE" SHENANDOAH VALLEY, WV

ROSIE ONE IS THE FEATURED YOUTH ARTIST IN "WHEN SHE RISES", OPENING AT S.P.A.R.C. ON JULY 7, 2018